What is the exact definition of the word "Sahabi"?
What is the exact definition of the word "Sahabi" (Companions of the Prophet ﷺ) ?
Are all Sahabis guaranteed to go to jannah? Or are some of them to be punished in the fire for a while, like other Muslims?
The definition of Sahabi is someone who saw the Prophet ﷺ and
believed in him as well as died a Muslim. The Munafiqs and other
disbelievers who were contemporaries of the Prophet ﷺ in Madina and
Mecca are not considered Companions.
We do not know for sure who is going straight to Paradise except those the
mentioned explicitly as being granted this, such as the Ten
Promised Paradise, those who fought at Badr, and those who pledged at
Hudaybiyya. But we do know that the best human beings after Prophets are
the Companions, in the following order:
- First, the Ten Promised Paradise; these are: Abu Bakr, 'Umar, 'Uthman,
'Ali, al-Zubayr ibn al-'Awamm, Talha, 'Abd al-Rahman ibn 'Awf, Abu 'Ubayda
ibn al-Jarrah, Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas, and Sa'id ibn Zayd ibn 'Amr.
- Then the senior Companions among those who fought at Badr (all those who
fought at Badr having been promised Paradise).
- Then those who gave bay'at al-ridwān under the Tree
what about the Ahl al-Bayt such as our Mothers the wives of the Prophet
ﷺ, especially Khadijat al-Kubra; and Sayyida Fatima and her two children?
THEY ARE WITH THE PROPHET ﷺ. WAllahu aʿlam.
• A Wife's Basic Rights Regarding Her Husband's Behavior
• SOME RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HUSBAND AND RIGHTS OF THE WIFE IN ISLAM
• He had one wife that was a Jew and one wife that was a Christian